Friday, March 4, 2011

Reaction to The Diving Bell and the Butterfly


The Diving Bell and the Butterfly was an interesting movie. It was the first time I had ever viewed a movie spoken entirely in French. I normally watch Hindi (Indian) movies with subtitles so it wasn't hard to grasp the concept of watching a movie, trying to understand it completely through subtitles. I was really fascinated by how the director was capturing the entire experience of what the gentlemen was going through. Placing yourself inside the characters' shoes provides much more depth and emotion rather than showing it from a 3rd party point of view. Hearing the characters voice in the movie allowed us to not even need to see his face. It makes me wonder, what if we closed our eyes and watched the entire movie. Would we be able to experience and understand what was happening in the movie. I think I might have to rent that and try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment